Updated: Dec 1, 2021
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 30 MINS
· 1 head of cauliflower (cut into florets)
· 6 tbsp olive oil
· salt and black pepper to taste
· 1 large bunch of kale (stems removed and leaves cut into small pieces)
· 1 small onion chopped
· 2 garlic cloves
· 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Prepare 2 baking sheets.
2. In a bowl toss cauliflower in 2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet. Roast until cauliflower is browned and tender, for about 25 minutes.
3. Take out of the oven and reduce temperature to 300 F.
4. In a bowl toss half of the kale with 2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt. Line on a baking sheet and bake until crispy for 30 minutes. Toss half way through.
5. Meanwhile in a large saucepan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil and cook onion for 3-4 minutes, on medium heat until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add roasted cauliflower and stock. Increase temperature to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add kale and let the soup cook for 10-15 more minutes.
7. Working in batches, puree soup in a powerful blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. When ready to serve, serve soup with crispy kale chips on top. Or parsley or any of your favorite herbs!
Jes Royston | Green Mama Tribe