Updated: Dec 1, 2021
Gluten free, vegan, kid approved quinoa protein muffins! This batch will make your mornings easy and fill you up with plant-powered protein. Makes 12 muffins.
• 1 cup unsweetened nut or seed milk
• 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
• ¼ cup coconut oil
• ¼ cup pure maple syrup
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 1 ¼ cups almond or arrowroot flour
• ¼ cup almond meal
• 1 ½ tsp aluminum-free baking powder
• ½ tsp aluminum-free baking soda
• ½ tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp cardamom, nutmeg, ginger (any spice you enjoy)
• 1 ¼ cups cooked quinoa (½ cup uncooked quinoa)
• ½ cup finely chopped fresh or dried fruit and nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a non-stick 12-cup muffin tin.
2. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the milk and ground flaxseed. Allow to sit for 1 minute, then whisk in coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
3. In a separate large bowl, sift together flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just incorporated. Gently fold in the cooked quinoa and the fruit and mix until only the large lumps are gone.
4. Pour into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Jes Royston | Green Mama Tribe